Paris, the City of Light, is a dream destination for travelers of all ages. With its rich history, iconic landmarks, and world-class cuisine, it’s a place that should be experienced by the whole family. If you’re planning a trip to Paris with kids, you’re in for a treat! Here are 16 best things to do in Paris with your little ones.
In This Travel Guide
- Paris provides a plethora of family-friendly activities, from iconic attractions like the Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum to charming parks and playgrounds, making it a wonderful place to explore with kids.
- The best times to visit Paris with kids are during the spring (April to June) and early fall (September to October) when the weather is mild, and crowds are smaller, enhancing the overall experience for families.
- Consider neighborhoods like the Marais and the Latin Quarter when choosing where to stay with kids in Paris. These areas offer a mix of family-friendly amenities, convenience, and proximity to attractions.
Best Things to Do in Paris with Kids
- Eiffel Tower: Your trip to Paris wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the Eiffel Tower. Take the elevator ride to the top for breathtaking views, and don’t forget to snap a family photo!
- Louvre Museum: Explore the Louvre, home to the famous Mona Lisa. The museum offers special programs and tours for kids to make art come alive.
- Seine River Cruise: Kids will love a boat ride on the Seine River, passing by iconic landmarks and bridges.
- Luxembourg Gardens: Spend a relaxing day in these beautiful gardens. Let your kids sail toy boats on the pond and enjoy the puppet theater.
- Parc des Buttes-Chaumont: This park features playgrounds, a lake with a temple, and meandering paths perfect for picnics and family adventures.
- Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie: A science museum with interactive exhibits and hands-on activities, perfect for curious young minds.
- Parc Zoologique de Paris: The Paris Zoo in the Bois de Vincennes is home to a wide variety of animals and offers an excellent family day out.
- Asterix Park: Located just outside Paris, this theme park is inspired by the adventures of the famous comic book character, Asterix.
- Parc de la Villette: This cultural and recreational park offers playgrounds, a science museum, and the Cité de la Musique, a museum dedicated to music.
- Disneyland Paris: A magical world awaits just a short train ride away. Enjoy the enchanting rides and meet beloved Disney characters.
- Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine: Explore the world of architecture through interactive exhibits and workshops.
- Musée de la Magie: This small museum is dedicated to the world of magic and illusion, complete with live magic shows.
- Chocolate and Pastry Tours: Satisfy your sweet tooth with a family-friendly tour of Paris’s best chocolate and pastry shops.
- Bateaux-Mouches: Take a boat tour along the Seine River with informative commentary in multiple languages, making it an educational adventure.
- Parks and Playgrounds: Paris is dotted with parks and playgrounds where kids can run, play, and enjoy the outdoors. Parc Monceau and Parc de la Tête d’Or are great options.
- Climbing the Arc de Triomphe: If you have older children, don’t miss the chance to climb to the top of this iconic monument for fantastic city views.
Remember to explore the child-friendly dining options and accommodations that Paris has to offer. Whether it’s strolling through beautiful gardens, experiencing art and history, or indulging in delicious treats, Paris has something for every family member to enjoy. Make cherished memories with your kids in the heart of France. Paris, with its timeless charm, promises a truly magical family adventure.
Best Time to Visit Paris with Kids
The best time of year to visit Paris with kids is during the spring (April to June) and early fall (September to October). During these months, the weather is generally mild and pleasant, making it ideal for exploring the city’s outdoor attractions and parks.
The crowds are smaller compared to the peak summer season, allowing for a more relaxed and enjoyable experience with shorter lines at popular attractions. Plus, you can take advantage of numerous family-friendly events and festivals that often occur during these periods.
Best Areas to Stay in Paris with Kids
When choosing the best areas to stay in Paris with kids, consider neighborhoods that offer a mix of family-friendly amenities, convenience, and access to attractions. Two such areas to consider are:
- The Marais: This historic district, located in the 3rd and 4th arrondissements, is a fantastic choice for families. It’s known for its charming atmosphere, cobblestone streets, and numerous parks and playgrounds like the Place des Vosges. The Pompidou Centre, with its unique architecture and kid-friendly exhibits, is a highlight. The Marais also offers a range of restaurants, including those with child-friendly menus. Its central location allows for easy access to various parts of the city, and there are several metro stations nearby, making it convenient for exploring Paris with kids.
- The Latin Quarter: Situated on the left bank of the Seine, the Latin Quarter is another excellent area for families. It’s known for its vibrant, bohemian atmosphere and is home to the Jardin des Plantes, a lovely botanical garden with a small zoo. The nearby Natural History Museum is also a hit with children. The Latin Quarter has a range of affordable dining options, including creperies and cafes. Additionally, it’s close to major attractions like Notre-Dame Cathedral and the Seine River, offering an authentic Parisian experience for families.
Both of these areas provide a welcoming environment for families, with easy access to cultural and recreational activities to keep kids entertained during your stay in Paris.
Paris offers a truly magical experience for families traveling with kids. With its iconic landmarks, cultural treasures, and an array of family-friendly activities, the City of Light is a destination that captivates the young and the young at heart. Whether you’re climbing the Eiffel Tower, exploring the Louvre, or strolling through the charming streets of the Marais, Paris beckons families to create lasting memories together.
Remember, when visiting with kids, consider the best times to go, which are during the spring and early fall, and choose accommodations in neighborhoods like the Marais or the Latin Quarter, offering convenience and a welcoming atmosphere for your family’s adventure in this enchanting city. Paris truly lives up to its reputation as a dream destination for travelers of all ages.
What's Your Reaction?
Originally from Thailand but raised in France, Camille brings a unique global perspective to her travel writing. A fervent explorer with a penchant for discovering new destinations, Camilles's passion for travel guides is rivalled only by her role as a discerning reviewer of hotels and airlines. Her insights enrich the travel experiences of readers, inviting them to journey alongside her seasoned expertise.