The gorgeous natural landscapes and the richness of wildlife are the most distinguishing and inviting aspects of Kenya. Its location amidst the Great Rift Valley summons elephants and flamingos in huge numbers. To immerse yourself in the local cultures and get immersed in the wilderness and a few reasons you must visit Kenya. If you want to get a taste of true African essence, Kenya is the place to be.
Places You Must Visit in Kenya
- Masai Mara National Reserve
- Mount Kenya
- Nairobi National Park
- Lamu Island
- Hell’s Gate National Park
- Lake Nakuru
- Tsavo National Park
Best Time to Visit Kenya
Plan your travel to Kenya during the dry season, which runs from July to October. Also, keep in mind that the annual migration takes place during this time. Therefore, it is perfect for spotting wildlife as well. If you are planning to visit in the summers, visit the local villages and the coast as temperatures are more forgiving during that time.
Best Places to Stay in Kenya
Kenya has some great luxury safari camps and resorts where you can unwind after a long day of Safari.
- One of the most luxurious camps in Mara is II Moran. It offers huge tents with king beds. You can hear lions, hippos, and hyenas from your room itself. Three and five courses luxurious meals are also served that are prepared by gourmet chefs and served by candlelight.
- If you are visiting the Laikipia region, stay at ‘The Sanctuary’ at Ol Lentille. It offers breath taking views and each of the houses comes with its own chef, butler and private pool. It offers tons of activities such as quad biking, camel trekking and a great spa along with excellent wildlife viewing.
- Staying at the Giraffe Manor will give you a unique experience. You can feed the giraffes from the window of your room, and they may even join you for breakfast.
Luxury Experiences You Should not Miss in Kenya
- For an unforgettable experience, take a luxury excursion in a hot air balloon over Masai Mara along with a champagne breakfast.
- Go for a helicopter flight over Laikipia and savor the breathtaking views beneath.
- Take a relaxing sunset cruise or a dolphin cruise at the Watamu Marine National Park. You can also try your hand at fishing and the private chefs will cook your catch and serve it to you for dinner.
What's Your Reaction?
Hailing from the US, Mia Jones is a fervent traveler driven by a love for unearthing new destinations and mastering languages. With a knack for crafting captivating travel guides, Mia has explored over 52 countries. Her heart belongs to the enchanting lands of Spain, the vibrant spirit of Cuba, and the idyllic beauty of Seychelles, inspiring readers to embark on their own transformative journeys.